down

4.10.2012

Colette Patterns Spring & Summer 2012


Oooo eee, ladies! Summer just became a whole lot more pretty with the release of Colette Patterns' 2012 Spring and Summer patterns! I am so excited to be posting about these and my mind is already whirling with ideas.  Above, we have lovely Hazel.  She's a super cute sundress pattern with really neat bodice inserts.  I love how Sarai has played around with the direction of the stripes in this version (not to mention pairing it with that cute purse and polka dot scarf!).  I can easily see it made up with a colour blocking effect, too.  So pretty!


Sarai is one amazing designer, let me tell you.  The Iris shorts, shown above is yummy lemon yellow, are so super-adorable that non-shorts-wearing me may just be gallivanting about in a pair of these this summer.  Just looking at the cute details - buttons! pockets! - and seeing it paired with an equally lovely Violet blouse is making me dream of bicycle rides and picnics.  How about you?

Lastly, but certainly not least, we have the Lily sundress.  Oh, my heavens, is it cute or what?  I love the retro feel with the contrasting bodice band and pocket detail.  It's making me crave an old-fashioned root beer float in an equally retro soda shoppe setting.  This would be super cute in a fun polka dot, don't you agree?

I just love it when Sarai completely messes up my sewing queue with her fabulous patterns! I'm off to happily plan my summer sewing.

0 comments

Post a Comment