down

1.23.2011

Chia sẻ của người thầy tâm huyết

Dear all off you,

How are you today?  I hope you are having a great day.

Today I'm going to talk about The problem , the second group- the beginners. That group is just unbelievable. You can't imagine how much energy and efforts I have already put into them. I have tried several different techniques and discussed with a lot of teachers what to do but it seems that nothing works. I would like to send you the following points and observations about the group. 
 (Bạn có biết rằng biết bao nhiêu năng lượng và sự nỗ lực mà thầy đã bỏ ra cho lớp mình. Thầy đã cố gắng nhiều phương pháp dạy khác nhau và tham khảo ý kiến nhiều GV khác- nhưng dường như là chưa thể)

1. Group is unbalanced (around half of the group CAN speak some English and I am able to work with them. the rest is not able to speak the most essential words or expressions). When I practice with them these basic expressions, they think it is boring. Plus the weak ones pull back the more "advanced" students
(Lớp ta có bạn giỏi, có bạn yếu, có bạn chỉ sử dụng được những từ ngữ vô cùng cơ bản thôi- nên thầy cũng phải dùng những cách diễn đạt thật cơ bản cho các bạn hiểu, nhưng bạn lại nghĩ rằng nó quá chán- một phần nữa là một số bạn giỏi hơn chắc cũng không muốn nghe cơ bản)

2. They don't know what they want. They told me that they wnat to watch a movie, I was working on it, prepared questions and vocabulary and then 2/3 of the class did not come. For what more, they did not do their homework and didn't write about the movie or any other favorite movie two times in a row. i feel so sad
( Bạn cho tôi biết bạn đang muốn gì đi, bạn nói Thầy rằng muốn xem phim, thầy đã làm, chuẩn bị câu hỏi- từ vựng và rồi kết quả là 2/3 lớp không đến học. Bạn không làm bài thầy giao- cũng không viết cảm nghĩ về bộ phim đó- Thầy buồn)

3. They don't do what I tell them. As I mentioned above, they don't really want to work. They think that they will learn English by sitting there 3 times a week and besides that doing nothing. It does not work like that, at least not at their level of English. They have to work really hard to get somewhere.
(Sao các bạn không làm những gì thầy nói, bạn nghĩ rằng học tiếng anh là đến đay 2 buổi một tuần và không học gì nữa- nhưng không phải các bạn ạ- các bạn còn phải cố gắng, học mọi lúc mọi nơi)

4. I can't lead discussion with them because their vocabulary is not sufficient (at least of the half of the class- the weakest) so of course they are bored.
(Các bạn phải chuẩn bị cho mình nhiều từ mới nữa- bạn có quá ít từ- không thú vị cho khóa học giao tiếp thực thụ)

5. So I prepare a dialogue structure (dialogue of two persons with given phrases)- they don't want to do that because they think it is boring again. They understand it on the paper but if i ask them to read out the dialogue in front of the class, they don't want to or they can't do it.
( Thầy chuẩn bị cấu trúc hội thoại cho các bạn- nhưng các bạn vẫn thấy nản- thầy biết bạn hiểu những gì gi trên giấy- nhưng thầy biết các bạn không thể dọc trước lớp- không muốn làm nó)

6. There is no motivation (I can't see any motivation from their side) even when they tell me that they need English to get better jobs.
(Phải có động lực học- Thầy đã không nhìn thấy từ các bạn- mặc dù thầy biết bạn cần tiếng anh để có một công việc thật tốt)

7. They are 25-30 years old. I can't play games with them all the time! They have to relize that if they want to study English, they have to do exercises and dialogues and essays NOT games. Of course, it is a great relaxation and I play with your group as well and you can practice and learn certain things BUT we can not play games the whole time!
(Thầy biết các bạn cũng đã lớn- các bạn không muốn chơi game- các bạn nghĩ rằng học anh văn là phải làm bài tập- hội thoại. Đúng, nhưng các bạn có biết chơi game sẽ làm cho lớp chúng ta thư giãn và khá lên)

8. I gave them materials ahead but they just didn't really look into them plus couple of them forgot the materials at home
(Thầy đã đưa topic- tài liệu cho bạn- nhưng bạn không xem nó- và một số quên ở nhà)

You know my lessons and I really spend a lot of time on the preparation and I am always doing my best to have fun on the lessons and help you to improve your English. I always encourage you and I try to bring all the time something new so you don't get bored.
Các bạn biết không, thầy đã dành rất nhiều thời gian cho sự chuẩn bị và luôn cố gắng để mỗi bài học của chúng ta thú vị hơn, gúp bạn cải thiện tiếng anh mau hơn, thầy luôn cổ vũ các bạn- thầy đã mang toàn tâm huyết của thầy vào bài giảng để các bạn không cảm thấy chán)

As I said, I was discussing this problem already with several teachers and they gave me some advices but this group is EXTREMELY difficult to manage and teach. It is not problematic only for me but any other teacher will face the same problems.
Thầy đã trao đổi với nhiều giáo viên bạn thầy về vấn đề này, và họ cho thầy một vài lời khuyên, nhưng " VÔ CÙNG" khó khăn.

MY SOLUTION for this unpleasant problem is SIMPLE:
Một số hướng đi cho chúng ta:
- I have to talk to them and clarify that they CANNOT only play if they want to improve their English. They have to relize that I am there to help them but they have to work as well!
Thầy sẽ nói chuyện với các bạn thật rõ rằng, phải cố gắng  nếu bạn muốn cải thiện tiếng anh. Bạn phải biết rằng, thầy tới đây là để giúp bạn học tiếng anh tốt và có thể làm việc tốt đó!
- We have to devide the class into two groups- "more advanced" and "absolute beginners" otherwise the weak students will pull back the advanced ones and I can't prepare the materials suitable for all ot them. For half of the class it is too easy. For another half it is too difficult.
Thầy sẽ phân lớp ra làm hai- và có bài học riêng cho mỗi nhóm

I believe we will have chance to talk about this on Monday and we will find the solution very soon.
Thầy tin rằng chúng ta sẽ làm tốt

Have a nice rest of the weekend and see all off  you on Monday.

All the best

Jason

0 comments

Post a Comment