down

1.28.2009

Dining room chairs


I've been looking for dining room chairs for the longest time. My table is a very old weathered "farmhouse-type" table of light-colored wood. Currently I have mismatched chairs of darker wood but the look isn't working at all- probably because I don't like the chairs individually.
I love some of the classic Thonet bentwood chairs I've seen recently (those in the 2nd photo of this group are my favorite), however they are so expensive. (photos from domino and the Provence home of this blogger's grandmother)



I've just aquired a set of 4 chairs that look like Tolix chairs- kind of like these above, but with a steel finish, and I'm thinking of painting them. (this photo from coco+kelly)

living etc.




The colorful Eames chairs seem a great match for almost any dining table, but it is a look that has been done to death, I'm afraid! I'm still tempted to use black and white ones. (photos from the home of AB Chao via apartmenttherapy.com; the home of Heather Frazier on apartmenttherapy.com)




These white Bertoia chairs look lovely with this white weathered wood table, especially in such a sunny room! (photo from Jed Johnson)

I like the mismatched look here, but to make it work, I think either everything else in the room needs to be sparse and serene (like this one) or the room should be really spacious. (living etc.)

I also think that the dining chairs matter very little if the kitchen / dining space is this great. (photos: nadia tolstoy's home on apt therapy; domino magazine)

0 comments

Post a Comment